Sydney

Sydney
My first destination down under

So CUTE!!!!!

So CUTE!!!!!
These are my new best friends

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Four words: Sydney. Harbour. Bridge. Climb

So I decided to follow in the footsteps of Oprah today and engaged in the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb today.  Essentially, you climb up the outside steel girding and spend some time checking out the views from 141 metres up!  Yup.  141 meters....something in the neighbourhood of 435 feet.  Pretty sick.  Go look at an internet picture of the harbour bridge and then picture me on top of it waving at helicopters and (just for my Bub) leaning as far out over the railings as my harness would allow me!  Or...just look at this and picture me at the top!  :)



We took a cool picture at the top but its a hard copy so will have to wait till I get a scanner to post. 

We then hung out in an area of the city called the Rocks where the first convict ships landed and where Sydney really began as a city.  The buildings are the oldest and the whole area is an amalgam of heritage sights.  It reminds me of a cross between St. Lawrence Market and the Distillery District in Toronto.  Hereès one of the cool areas down there....




Good day.  Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment