Sydney

Sydney
My first destination down under

So CUTE!!!!!

So CUTE!!!!!
These are my new best friends

Sunday, July 24, 2011

For my Quilting friends....

Found a couple of quilt (or Patchwork - as the Aussie's call them) shops and went to visit today in the Sydney suburbs not too far from where I am staying.  Everyone will be happy to note that I have discovered Amy Butler is as alive and thriving on this side of the planet as she is at home.  It even made me miss home a little less for a minute or two.  I took a couple pictures of me in the stores :D  and even got one of the shop ladies to pose with me. 






The shops are smaller than they are at home (based on my shop-hopping experience) and many of the fabrics are actually the same.  There were Amy Butler's, Kaffe Fasset's, and Moda's.  I was able to find a great local fabric however with three or four varieties of Australian flowers featuring and in one of the shops got myself the coolest looking Aboriginal fabric with really intricate traditional dot patterns in bold colours on a black background.  The plan to display that fabric to the best of its' potential is to simply stretch it on a big canvas.  Yup...its THAT pretty. 

Anyhoo...the talent is thriving down under and I'm glad I was able to check those out.  I fear this may become a lifelong travel habit now that I've started and I have to be honest - I don't mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment